Maybe you’re thinking about selling your home. And why shouldn’t you? Making a change is good every now and then. When selling your home, you want to get a good price for it. If your property isn’t worth that much, then you’ll be happy to know that there are things that you can do to enhance its value. You should renovate even if you’re not planning on relocating. Upgrades will only make your home more comfortable and enjoyable. The question now is what home upgrades are worth the investment. Continue reading for our top picks.
You can easily increase the value of your property with a bathroom remodel. The bathroom is generally the most outdated part of the house. Why? Because it’s not visible. Taking into account that you or the buyers will have to look at it every single day you should do something about it. not you exactly. When remodeling a bathroom, it’s important to call the professionals. These are the bathroom upgrades that pay off:
- Radiant-heat flooring – underfloor heating maintains the bathroom warm and energy-efficient. Such a system is great if you have materials like tile and stone.
- Frameless shower doors – frameless glass shower doors can be customized, which means that you aren’t limited to a standard size. Shower doors are customized individually to fit specific places. What’s more, they give the shower a clean look. Opt for frameless glass shower door installation.
- Replacing the vanity – a vanity replacement doesn’t involve complex plumbing work. You can completely change the look of the bathroom with a new vanity mirror.
What you’ll want to do is invest part of your money in a kitchen renovation project. Not only will you get a significant return on your investment, but also you will get to enjoy a better kitchen. This is what you need to do to have a functional and durable kitchen:
- Purchase new appliances – energy-efficient appliances will help you cut down on expenses and they will grab the attention of buyers.
- Install a ceiling fan – almost everyone has an air conditioning system in the kitchen. Be different and get a ceiling fan. You won’t have hot flashes while cooking for your loved ones. Plus, you’re not exposed to pollutants.
- Add insulation – if there is no insulation whatsoever, then you need to add some. This can save you money in the long term, not to mention that you’ll be much more comfortable.
Other home upgrades worth considering
When you’re done with the bathroom and kitchen, focus your attention on the rest of the home. When it comes to improving the resale value of the property, you can:
- Paint the house – painting the exterior and the interior requires little money and effort. You can do it yourself. Yellow homes are worth more, but if you’re not relocating right now, you can choose what color you want.
- Replace the windows – if there is water infiltration, replace the windows right away. You’ll only have problems and the wall will be destroyed. And you’ll lose precious heat.